- 4 cups fresh crushed pineapple
- 1.5 oz coconut flakes
- Coconut Cream, separated from one 400ml can of full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 to 1 cup Dark rum
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pkg. Liquid pectin
- Combine all ingredients except pectin in a large pot
- bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 – 40 minutes to thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in pectin, well.
- Transfer into 8 oz. jars and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Cool overnight.