So I have been a little ill on and off as I adapt to London, ON completely skipping over spring and deciding it was a great idea to go from Horrible Winter to Humid Summer. In NO WAY am I knocking this new weather, I just require an adjustment period. I will not try to catch you up on my workout schedule as of the last untracked 2 weeks. I will say that the schedule has been hit and miss with T25 and I will repeat week 3 until I can preform it every day.
In lieu of days missed I have prepared for the Windsor, ON Colour Run on July 19th…on this last Saturday alone I walked 2.3 Miles in the morning, and then another 1.4 miles in the afternoon (but this time pushing my mom in a wheelchair, total weight resistance of 240 lbs-ish).
I have also spent a great deal of time working out with my spouse, which is super supportive of him since he does not workout, eat a regular diet or anything LOL. I love him so much, he is always trying so hard to overcome personal dislikes or inabilities in opportune times for me. The guy has really bad vertigo (NO FERRIS WHEELS, NO BALCONY SEATS, NO WATERSLIDES), yet he will attempt or succeed at participating in all these situations. 😀
So Song of the day is in honour of my best friend and love….
Now for some protein packed goodies, Deceptively Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies
Deceptively Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies
Minutes to Prepare: 20
Minutes to Cook: 30
Number of Servings: 36
1 c firmly packed brown sugar or Raw Sugar
3/4 c trans fat-free soft tub margarine
2 tsp Grd. Flax Seeds with 4 TBSP warm water
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cup Quinoa Flakes
1/2 cup GF Flour or AP Flour (may require more flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 – 3/4 Cup Organic Cocoa Powder (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Top a baking sheet with Parchment Paper.
2. Mix ground Flax Seeds with 4 TBSP warm water, and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, or the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the sugar and margarine with a wooden spoon or on medium speed until smooth. Beat in the Flax egg mixture and vanilla, then the chickpeas and chocolate chips. Add the flakes, flour, baking soda, and salt, and mix on low speed until a thick dough forms.
3. Drop the dough by the tablespoonful onto the baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart. Press gently with a fork to flatten. Bake until the cookies are golden brown and just set, 11 – 13 minutes; do not overbake. Transfer to a rack to cool.
4. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.Note: Serving size calculate for 3 dozen cookies.
Number of Servings: 36 approximately
Note – If you are attending the Windsor, ON Color Run and would like to be on a team…they have a discount of $35 rather than $45 for team members until June 1st…My team is “Hope4Cindy”, message me for the password if you are interested