I was on www.naturalcandystore.com and I saw a hollow chocolate bunny with surf sweets gummies inside which made me consider other stuffed chocolate Easter treats that could be made. Ta-Da! Vegan Cheesecake stuffed eggs…yummy.
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder or 1 cup Chocolate chips
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil, liquid
- 2.5 tbsp pure maple syrup
– Put your mold in the freezer to chill. Combine all chocolate ingredients until the mix turns into a thin sauce or syrup.
– Remove the molds from the freezer and apply a thin coat of chocolate sauce before returning to freezer to harden.
– Repeat with second coat
2.5 cups soaked raw cashews
Dash of lemon juice
1 to 1.5 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp sweetener, optional
1 cup reserved soaking liquid or coconut water
1 cup strawberries
¼ cup water
1 tbsp sweetener
1 tsp agar or 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed into equal parts liquid
4 Graham Cracker Cookies (Homemade or store bought), crushed
Cheesecake- Blend softened raw cashews, lemon juice, vanilla, sweetener, and a little more than a ¼ cup of reserved water. Add more reserved liquid as absolutely necessary, you do not want to add too much, should have similar consistency as cream cheese. Blend until smooth and refrigerate until ready to use.
Strawberry Sauce – Blend all sauce ingredients except agar powder. Bring to boil and reduce heat, cook for about 5 minutes on medium-high heat. Remove from heat and whisk in agar powder or cornstarch mix, be careful it does not clump. Bring back to a boil and then remove from heat. Sauce should be a syrup consistency not gel.
Put it together: (Try not to handle your shells too much or they could soften, keep them in a fridge or freezer and only pull out the one you are working on.)
1) Take ½ egg and sprinkle crumbs, add some cashew cheesecake, and lightly pour strawberry syrup over it. Repeat, until desired filling amount is reached.
2) To seal the egg place a second ½ over the other and seal around the edging with excess chocolate syrup. I found it helped to return the filled ½ egg to the freezer for a minute before sealing together with other ½.
– I made about 3 batches of the chocolate shell mixture to make all the eggs in the pictures, but I like thick shells.
– You could have excess cheesecake filling, but I doubt anyone will have a problem helping finish that up….if you are willing to share that is.
– If chocolate mixture seems too thick add more coconut oil….When thick it may not fill the crevices of your mold, losing details or making it fragile.
The chocolate shells can be stuffed with practically anything, make sure you have fun. Making homemade treats allows you to avoid the “well I would preferred if it _______” Food is something that celebrates, acts as a form of expression, nourishes, and brings people together….It is a glue for life, don’t waste it, but don’t use it too sparingly. 😉
Chocolate shell –